Friday, December 19, 2008

Aimless Reading: The A's, Part 16


eros/ion
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
aND, mIEKAL
Damon, Maria
eros/ion


mIEKAL aND, publisher of xexoxial editions, after having repeatedly humiliated me at SCRABULOUS (RIP) on Facebook, visited Buffalo in March for the annual Buffalo Small Press Book Fair which, for my money, is one of the best SPBF's around -- but I suppose I am biased -- anyhow, it was there that he gave me a copy of this collaboration between himself and Maria Damon.

Here's the opening poem:

A dark blue dress rises from
the cold frost field, apprehended
dimly. In a cold season of wakened
witchery, dark hands make
difference among its folds. Hope is
the same as grief. I am reminded
That I fashion my own openings by
the dreams that own me. There
are so many, how do I choose?

No comments: