Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Aimless Reading: The B's, Part 18.9 (Charles Bernstein)

Bernstein, Charles
The Difficulties: The Charles Bernstein Issue


This probably rightly belongs in the magazine section, but I like it better among the books of its subject. I bought it last year at Mercer St. Books in New York. Lovely cover photo of CB in flannel shirt and tennis shoes with the laces untied, one leg crossed over the other, staring straight into the camera. 

Contains a long interview of CB with Tom Beckett, editor of the mag, as well as contributions about his work from James Sherry, Nick Piombino, Peter Seaton, Jackson Mac Low, Alan Davies, Diane Ward, Michael Gottlieb, Ronald Johnson, John Perlman, Robert Creeley, Robert Grenier, Ralph La Charity, Craig Watson, Bob Perelman, Rafael Lorenzo, Barrett Watten, & Ron Silliman.

Well, I have to get to work, so we'll make this a short one. This is the last book in the Bernstein section of my library. I feel kind of sad moving on to the next author. I have really enjoyed this part of the shelf. Hopefully I'll be back again some day. Meantime...

Onward...

No comments: