Sunday, January 25, 2009

Aimless Reading: The B's, Part 23 (The Bhagavad Gita)


The Bhagavad Gita
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
Bhagavad Gita, The

I think I remember buying this in college in the hopes of staving off atheism. It didn't work, but here are the final lines:

Sanjaya (isn't that the name of that guy on American Idol?):

Thus I heard these words of glory between Arjuna and the God of all, and they fill my soul with awe and wonder.

By the grace of the poet Vyasa I heard these words of secret silence. I heard of the mystery of Yoga, taught by Krishna the Master himself.,

I remember, O King, I remember the words of the holy wonder between Krishna and Arjuna, and again and again my soul feels joy.

And I remember, I even remember that vision f glory of the god of all, and again and again joy fills my soul.

Wherever is Krishna, the End of Yoga, where is Arjuna who masters the bow, there is beauty and victory and joy and all righteousness. This is my faith.


(There's a hint of Joe Brainard, in there, no?)

2 comments:

Brian said...

Nice posting. Do you know about this edition of the Gita?

http://www.YogaVidya.com/gita.html

Michael Kelleher, Buffalo, NY said...

No, but I'll check it out. Thanks, Brian.