Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why I Am Not A Librarian


This morning someone had left a comment on my post about Beckett's Molloy.  I went back to read the post and noticed that within the post there was a sentence I wanted to revise.  After revising said sentence, I discovered in the list of previous posts a numerical discrepancy. There were two posts headed "Aimless Reading: The B's, Part 8." Horror!  Not only had I accidentally posted the same thing twice, but I had mis-numbered everything after Baudelaire. Baudelaire was part 7, and Beckett should have been part 8, but I had numbered Becket 7.1.  Alas.  The rest of the B's will be one number off.  Forgive me, Melvil Dewey, forgive me.

3 comments:

Gary said...

I had the same problem with the Herbeck blog. Still do, since the problem is that I forgot to publish one of the poems, very early on.

Which is a drag b/c I set it up so that it would all start on September 1, 2008, and once I make the fix, it will either have to start on August 31 (creepy!) or I will have to have two poems on one day (total insanity!)

Which is why I haven't fixed it yet.

Michael Kelleher, Buffalo, NY said...

With any luck it'll give a hard-working Blog scholar something to do when we are dead.

Andrew Demcak, Poet said...

I am a librarian, and believe me, your attention to detail gives you away as one of us!