Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Aimless Reading: The B's, Part 43.1 (Lee Ann Brown)

Brown, Lee Ann
The Sleep That Changed Everything


This is the other book that arrived in the package from Lee Ann. I haven't read it yet, but I notice now that some of these poems were in a little xeroxed chapbook she gave me when she read in Buffalo way back when called, "Voluptuary Lion Poems."

Here's one of them:

Voluptuary Lion Poem

I kiss you one septillion times
My (lobo) Serval deerlike (wolfen) lamb
And on the Septillionth kiss I will start
again to unfold the bath of my tongue upon you
Blue sepia Indri, equidistant
from Malagasy indry! look! (mistakenly assumed by the
French naturalist Pierre Sonnerat to be the animal's name)
a large lemur having short fur and a silky tail --
Indo-iranian court song to You, my golden love
whose body glows in the bath of my ivory-mirrored mind's eyes.

No comments: