Monday, March 30, 2009

Aimless Reading: The C's, Part 15.2 (Paul Celan)


Lightduress
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
Celan, Paul
Joris, Pierre, Tr.
Lightduress


Looking over yesterday's mess of a blog entry, I realize I need to take a few more minutes to revise my sentences before hitting "post entry." I went back and revised it a bit this morning. I bought Lightduress at Talking leaves at the same time I bought Threadsuns, probably in 2004.

As I noted before, Celan's books were always close at hand when I was writing To Be Sung. I stole a lot -- lines, ideas, images, rhythms. Reading them again, I experience the strange and pleasurable sensation of having written them myself.

If only...

THE ESCAPED
gray parrots
say mass
in your mouth.

You hear the rain
and guess that this time too
it's God.

No comments: