Thursday, July 9, 2009

Aimless Reading: The C's, Part 43 (R. Crumb and David Zane Mairowitz)


R. Crumb's Kafka
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
Crumb, R.
Mairowitz, David Zane
R. Crumb's Kafka


On our first date, I took Lori to the Frankenstein Haunted House in Niagara Falls. As we stepped outside, I joked that we should next try the Dracula Haunted House. She said, "Let's go. I'll pay." On our second date, she came to my apartment and we watched Cronenberg's "Dead Ringers." Amazingly, there was a third date, on which we watched a movie of Lori's choice, which was "Crumb," which is at least as disturbing a choice as Cronenberg. And the rest, as they say, is history. I bought this book for Lori for her birthday, or maybe just as a gift. I am pretty certain I bought it at St. Mark's Books.

Excerpt:

K himself was slowly becoming The ADJECTIVE, which would be known by many more people than would ever read his books. Of course -- let's face it -- this has not a little to do with the sound of his terrifiK name and its terrifiK Germanik "K"s, Kutting their way like Kutlasses through our Kollective Konsciousness.

No comments: