Sunday, June 6, 2010

Aimless Reading: The H's, Part 22 (Alfred Hitchcock)

Hitchcock, Alfred
Stories That Scared Even Me


This book belongs to Lori. I was there when she bought it, but I don't recall where we were. My best guess would be rust belt books. She seems to have some memory of a garage sale or something of that sort, but isn't sure.

Feeling a little tired after a day at the Yankees/Jays game in Toronto. Drove there with Aaron Lowinger and Damian Weber, two anti-Yankee fans who rooted for Toronto. It was a great pitcher's duel -- Javier Vaquez actually had a no-hitter going into the sixth or seventh. He gave up one hit, four walks and two runs.

Unfortunately, the hit was a two run homer. However, a couple of hit batsmen, walks, hits, and a passed ball later, the Yanks had a 4-2 lead and ended up winning 4-3 after a classic 5-pitch ninth for Mariano Rivera.

Afterwards we wandered up Spadina to eat at a little dim-sum place on Dundas, then drove back to the Buff, where I now sit writing.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Lori D. said...

I seem to remember that we were on vacation when I found this book. Maybe it was when we went to the Outer Banks, N.C. so many years ago? There are some good, creepy, Summer beach stories in there but they didn't scare me.