Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Aimless Reading: The H's, Part 35.1 (Yunte Huang)


Shi
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
Huang, Yunte
Shi: A Radical Reading
Of Chinese Poetry

Given to me by the author, inscribed.

I remembered something last night, I was watching "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," in the living room, on the couch, next to Lori, I think it was something about my childhood or adolescence, that I intended to write about this morning, but which I seem to have forgotten.

It may have been simply a mental note to myself that the memoir part of this blog project has a long way to go, that I seem to have gotten away from that aspect of it, and that I need to remember to return to it now and again.

I have noticed in the writing of these entries that I occasionally get to hung up on writing things that are directly related to the text at hand. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. It's sort of liking starting a poem with a title or a theme in mind. Sometimes the title leads right to a poem and the poem is good and that is that. Other times, the title or the theme seem to get in the way, keeping one at a distance from whatever it is one is trying write.

It feels sort of the same with this blog. Sometimes I need to forget the books and just write about what is in my head at the moment. I think maybe I am feeling that way at the moment. But I still don't remember what it was I wanted to write about last night. Alas.

This book is more or less impossible to excerpt without a scanner, so I'll just gently suggest that you read it.

No comments: