Monday, December 6, 2010

Aimless Reading: The L's, Part 14 (Rachel Levitzky)


Under the Sun
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
Levitzky, Rachel
Under the Sun


Sent to me by the publisher, Futurepoem books, along with a lovely bookmark to match the lovely cover. I have to say that Futurepoem books are consistently some of the loveliest looking books on the poetry market. It's always nice to see such care taken in the design and making thereof.

I remember reading this when I first got it, but it's been so long that I can't remember how much of it I read. The lovely bookmark is of no help, as it sits in the middle of the table of contents. This could indicate I didn't read it all, but I have a recollection of it sitting on the bedstand next to the bed in our old house on Dearborn St., among a pile of other books.

Yep, there it is.

No sun to be under here in Buffalo today, just a few inches of freshly fallen snow, gray skies, cold.

from Under the Sun

Without a Trace


They keep
the emotions

quiet, so the animals
will feel less alone.

[Tina Darragh]

It's so sad
to be angry):/

Anger something
difficult to eat.

Everything is framed by two.
A couple formed by the shapes of their mouths.
Sucking sugar.
Everyone in the class knows what they want.
As two.
A living relic garden.

No comments: