Monday, February 14, 2011

Aimless Reading: The M's, Part 27.5 (Steve McCaffery)


The Cheat of Words
Originally uploaded by Michael_Kelleher
McCaffery, Steve
The Cheat of Words


I think I bought this at a reading or a book launch. Not quite sure. It is inscribed:

For Mike

This sweet locale
of words in
(illegible text, possibly "ripple"
underlined by a wave pattern): Beau Fleuve

Nov. 5/6 1997.

with best wishes

Steve McCaffery


I remember an event in the Poetry Collection at UB. It may have been a reading or a book launch or both. They had a reception afterwards. I feel like it was also a celebration of Steve's finishing his PhD, but I don't know for certain. Anyhow, I am pretty sure I bought the book there.

from The Cheat of Words

Novel 39


The world is a room.

There is a single lump in it.

He sees no reason to postpone
the pleasure of the meal she's stepped beyond.

In the sky above moves history's affinity to comas
and there we rest this brute equality
of pronouns.

Martin says it takes
a 90 watt bulb.

Ann tells him to fuck off.

No comments: