Friday, April 1, 2011

Aimless Reading: The M's, Part 56 (Laura Moriarty)

Symmetry by Michael_Kelleher
Symmetry, a photo by Michael_Kelleher on Flickr.

Moriarty, Laura
Symmetry

Purchased at Talking Leaves...Books.

I bought three of the four books I own by Laura Moriarty in Buffalo when she visited in, I think, 1997 -- it may have been 1998. Either way, it was my first year in the poetics program.

I remember hanging out with Laura at Taylor Brady's apartment in Allentown. I don't remember much of what we talked about, but I remember a funny quip Laura made about Charles Bernstein.

We got to talking about how Charles seemed to know everyone in the literary world and Laura said that if we ever discovered poets on Mars we'd soon find out that Charles had been corresponding with them for years.

from Symmetry

The Muse

The familiar paraphernalia

Forced into the role of silent collaborator

The psyche at stake

We are in business together

The buildings melt into the sky

You sing to distract me

Your reason is not mine

Is mine

No comments: