Monday, April 11, 2011

Aimless Reading: The M's, Part 59.1 (Jennifer Moxley)

Often Capital by Michael_Kelleher
Often Capital, a photo by Michael_Kelleher on Flickr.

Moxley, Jennifer
Often Capital


Sent to me by the publisher.

I am looking at a stack of six Jennifer Moxley books and wondering how they all accumulated so quickly. I am sure I bought each of them on different occasions, yet I only bought the first one five or six years ago.

Suddenly, there was a stack.

It's a nice stack. Books of different colors, different widths, from different presses. Lots of variation. The same could be said of the poems, which is one reason I like them.

from Often Capital

from Enlightenment Evidence

open field, the privilege to limp across desire

no simple anchorage works when exile is a state of

time past, the wasterly girlhood can call me from your

ways entreating lover and I shall pettily dream as

Rosa limped without a country your solution-less must be

my homeland now since eyeward I befall the open field

1 comment:

gimme fiftycent said...

very nice cover:
no simple anchorage for exile - i dunno - i guess joyce's was dublin: famous for his "exile" angle which i want to turn into a kerouacian exile angel

but i seem to run many people today who feel in exile

"the open field" - can't help making that techno zen