Monday, June 13, 2011

Aimless Reading: The N's, Part 6 (bpNichol)

Nichol, b.p.
The Alphabet Game: A bpNichol reader


Sent to me by the publisher.

I can remember when I first moved to Buffalo and started going to Talking Leaves...Books and seeing the Martyrology set on the shelves there. For a time it was on the top shelf and stood out the way a complete Yale Shakespeare or a set of Library of America editions does.

It was so beautifully packaged it made me want to buy it.

I would always take it down from the shelf when I visited, then return it. Something always kept me from buying. Like I didn't want to make the financial commitment to buying the whole set, but also didn't want to buy just one. I read most of it in the store over the years, but I never did buy it, so I was quite happy to receive this gem in the mail when it came out.

from The Alphabet Game: A bpNichol reader

from Transcontinental

13


snow at the window

white room

blue blue blue
blue blue blue
blue blue bluer

dark green & white
straight with branches
bending

g or h or

grey white grey
white grey white

wind

a sun which is hidden
a t in a snowbank

h h
h h

an I that insists itself
insists itself
insists

No comments: