Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aimless Reading: The O's, Part 4.3 (Frank O'Hara)

O'Hara, Frank
Art Chronices 1956-1966


Not sure where I purchased this. Possibly at St. Mark's Books.

Apologies for the increasingly long delays between posts (and for perfunctory brevity of this one). We are getting ready to move in the next couple of weeks. Plus we are in the middle of a heat wave. Plus the cat at the cord for my mouse (cheeky bugger) which means I am using this computer as a laptop and not as a desktop, which means I have been displaced from my usual perch. I have also been feeling uninspired, out of gas, etc. I fear there is more of this to come until we get settled.

I am tempted to halt at the end of the O'Hara section and to continue with Olson once we arrive in the new digs. We'll see how I feel after I start packing up the library. Now that I think about it, I started this project to celebrate the unpacking of the library a couple of years ago when we moved into this house.

Anyhow, I am rambling.

If you get a chance, read O'Hara's essay on Jackson Pollack. It is one of my all-time favorite pieces of art writing.

No comments: