Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Aimless Reading: The O's, Part 5.29 (Charles Olson)

The Maximus Poems by Michael_Kelleher
The Maximus Poems, a photo by Michael_Kelleher on Flickr.

Olson, Charles
The Maximus Poems


Purchased at Rust Belt Books.

Unfortunately, this is in terrible shape. The cover glue has dried up and has loosened the cover from the guts. A Barnes & Noble sticker has been pasted on it as well. Very attractive. As far as I can tell, it is a first edition paperback. Not worth much. Looks like I paid ten dollars for it. I also have a first edition of the hardcover, which is quite beautiful. I'll be sharing that one tomorrow. Still waiting for my daughter to be born. Happy she didn't decide to arrive on 9/11. I am no superstitious, so 9/13 would be just fine.

Here's Olson reading from Maximus:

2 comments:

prairie dog said...

9/23 even better, but when they are in there too long, the mother can get pretty kranky (understandably)

when my son came out late his legs looked funny but he grew into a hardy lad

i'm surprised barnes and noble would carry such as this

the paperback i am used to seeing has a cover of the old man sucking on a cig by the road into the polis, sea boulders in the background -

rdeming said...

I have heard that Olson's voice has been known to induce labor--so maybe put this on a loop and blare it throughout the house.