Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aimless Reading: The O's, Part 5.35 (Charles Olson)

Olson, Charles
The Collected Poem of Charles Olson


Purchased at Talking Leaves...Books.

This is the penultimate book in the Charles Olson section of my bookcases. Kind of sad to be leaving it. In the span of these 36 books I will have sold one house and bought another, moved from the former to the latter, witnessed the birth of my daughter, had a roof, laundry room, one toilet, one sink, and a load of new plumbing installed, and written the two most viewed blog posts in the history of Pearlblossom Highway. Not bad for a month and a half's work. Tomorrow I'll show you my Totem Press first edition chapbook of Projective Verse.]

from The Collected Poems of Charles Olson


The Will To



all living things

transpire: love alone

transforms desire


the measure

of the black chrysanthemum,

that nothing

is anything


but itself, is

too much: I alone

live in the sun.

How to outrage


creation

No comments: