Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Aimless Reading: The O's, Part 14 (Richard Owens)

Delaware Memoranda by Michael_Kelleher
Delaware Memoranda, a photo by Michael_Kelleher on Flickr.
Owens, Richard
Delaware Memoranda


Given to me by the author.

I met Richard a couple of years after he came to Buffalo for Graduate school. There was a period in 2007-2008 when I was very snap-happy with my new point-and-shoot camera. I took pictures every day, all day long. I took twenty photos of every poetry reading, and twenty more after the reading at the bar or wherever we ended up. During this time, Richard became one of my favorite subjects, partly because he always happened to be at the poetry readings, but mostly because I liked the way he photographed. His long sideburns and slicked-back pompadour make his face interesting from every angle.

He's also the end of the O's, which I feel like I've been writing about forever!

from Delaware Memoranda

Not to fetishize the fucking river
but to think through the transformation
—how we come
to be to mean
encountering others along the banks

to multiply in consciousness
the number of evenings
outlined against twilight waning

intellect inhabiting curious hollow
overlooking tide rushing under moon

No comments: