Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Aimless Reading: The P's, Part 16.6 (Orhan Pamuk)

My Name Is Red
Pamuk, Orhan
My Name Is Red

Purchased at Talking Leaves...Books.

This is the book that everyone says is Pamuk's best. It was not my favorite. I don't think I even finished it. However, I will qualify this by saying, as I did yesterday, that I reached a moment of burnout reading Pamuk's books, so it is entirely possible that I just needed a break and never returned to it.

I am getting a little burned out again, I find. Luckily, this is the last of his books on my shelf. I haven't yet read his most recent novel, The Museum of Innocence. He had just finished writing it when he was in Buffalo. I think it came out a year or so after he was here. Maybe two. It's all a blur these days. Anyhow --

Instead of an excerpt, and in lieu of having something more to say, I'll invite you to my flicker page, where you can view my photo set of Pamuk's visit top Buffalo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkelleher/sets/72157603030418934/

1 comment:

tyrone said...

My Name is Red is my favorite too though virtually unteachable (I"ve tried twice). Museum of Innocence is more teachable though my students (grads) found all the characters insufferable...