Friday, January 20, 2012

Aimless Reading: The R's, Part 5.1 (Pam Rehm)

Gone to Earth
Rehm, Pam
Gone to Earth


Sent to me by the publisher.

There's a little bit of creasing to the back cover. Not sure how that happened. Then again, maybe I did not get this from the publisher. The word "Poetry" is written on the first leaf, followed halfway down the page by the number 389044. Maybe I bought this online somewhere.

I used to get review copies of all the new books from Flood Editions, and often I would write reviews of them in Artvoice. But then Artvoice told me they were sick of poetry reviews and that was the end of that. I still get review copies now and then, but not like I used to. I do get books from all the authors who come to town for Just Buffalo.

I'd say I acquired ten percent or so of my library for free.

from Gone to Earth

from Let Me Enter

After a night of hesitation
the snow has come

A slipping path

I can't decide what I need most

Revelations or rest

I just want to be stilled
by love

to such a depth
that I'm forgotten

Among the flowers

To die for what is not mine

Your meaning is upon me

No comments: