Saturday, February 25, 2012

Aimless Reading: The R's, Part 22 (Kim Rosenfield)

re: evolution
Rosenfield, Kim
re: evolution

I am not sure how a acquired this.

The author may have given it to me when she read for Just Buffalo.

The press may have sent it to me before or after her visit.

I may have bought it at the reading.

I may have bought it online.

I may have bought it at a bookstore.

I haven't the slightest idea which of these scenarios might be more correct.

All I can say is that Kim came to read for Just Buffalo a few years ago and I acquired it around that time.

It was 2008.

Kevin Thurston, who'd been running the Just Buffalo poetry series for the past few years, had just skipped town and moved to DC, en route to Seoul.

Aaron Lowinger, his co-curator, was working with me and Steve Zultanski on putting together a new set of readings at Rust Belt Books.

Kim was one of the first people Steve invited that year.

Steve also skipped town, about a year and a half later, for New York City, where he now resides.

I will be skipping town next month, but that's another story.

Anyhow, I have a memory of meeting with Steve and Kim on the corner of Elmwood and Forest, and of eating Indian food before the reading.

I believe the other reader was Marie Buck and that she, too, at Indian food.

Ah, thank you eternal memory known as the Internet! Yes, it was Marie Buck, and the date was October 16, 2008, 10 days before I turned forty.

I am now over 40 and I am leaving town.

from re: evolution


Chapter 16

She has

A Vulva
Labia Majora
And A feminine
Urethra
Independent
Of

A sort of
Imperforate
Penis
Which Might Be

A
Monstrously
Developed
Clitoris.

She
Has
A

Vagina–
True IT

Is
Very
Short

And 
Narrow
But 

After
All 

What 
Is
It
If
It
Is
Not

A
Vagina?

No comments: