Saturday, May 19, 2012

Aimless Reading: The S's, Part 19.15 (William Shakespeare)

The Comedy of Errors
Shakespeare, William
The Comedy of Errors


I first saw this performed in Central Park. I remember it being a wild production with all kinds of special effects. The color yellow played an important role. Very loud yellow. I remember male opera singer dressed like a wizard rising up through the floor. A man on a zip wire flying across the set. Big hats. A buxom, African American gospel singer belting out a tune. It was great fun.

from The Comedy of Errors


I pray you, jest, sir, as you sit at dinner:
I from my mistress come to you in post;
If I return, I shall be post indeed,
For she will score your fault upon my pate.
Methinks your maw, like mine, should be your clock,
And strike you home without a messenger.

No comments: