Saturday, May 26, 2012

Aimless Reading: The S's, Part 19.21 (William Shakespeare)

Henry VI: Part II
Shakespeare, William
Henry the Sixth: Part II

Read it, forgot it. I have never seen it performed or adapted.

After yesterday's post, I did go through my shelf to see if I was indeed missing any of the plays. Turns out I am not; however, I am missing one volume of the Yale Shakespeare, a biographical volume called Shakespeare of Stratford. Hmmm...I may or may not go to the bother of picking that one up.

I now seem to recall that I was missing either Timon of Athens or Pericles, Prince of Tyre, and that my friends at Rust Belt Books ha promised to be on the lookout for it. They must have found it!

In other news, I got an email yesterday announcing that my next book of poems, Visible Instruments, is on the docket to be published by Chax Press. There's no publication date, but if I had to guess I would say some time in 2013 is likely. Chax is a great poetry press that's been operating out of Tucson for the past quarter century, possibly more. They are in the middle of a fundraising campaign. If you feel inclined to donate, the link to their donation page is here. It may help bring my book to publication faster, if that is any incentive.

from Henry the Sixth: Part II


But that my heart's on future mischief set,
I would speak blasphemy ere bid you fly:
But fly you must; uncurable discomfit
Reigns in the hearts of all our present parts.
Away, for your relief! and we will live
To see their day and them our fortune give:
Away, my lord, away!

Exeunt

No comments: