Monday, June 25, 2012

Aimless Reading: The S's, Part 25.2 (Eleni Sikelianos)

The Book of Tendons
Sikelianos, Eleni
The Book of Tendons

Given to me by the author. Inscribed & dated 4 March 1999. Hmm. She must have given this to me when she and Laird came to read in Buffalo. I think it was around that time, about a year after Jonathan Skinner arrived.

I love these little books from The Post-Apollo press. I love the name, "The Post-Apollo Press," especially the "The." Not many presses use "The" in their official title.

When I say the name I want to exclude the "The," and just call it "Post-Apollo Press."

When I worked at Just Buffalo Literary Center, we had the opposite problem. People always wanted to add the "The," calling it The Just Buffalo Literary Center.

I guess because articles are fairly disposable in English titles and the rules of grammar vague enough that one never knows whether or when to use one and it really doesn't matter anyhow.

That is, there is no semantic difference between Just Buffalo Literary Center and The Just Buffalo Literary Center or between The Post-Apollo Press and Post-Apollo Press.

Thank you for listening.

from The Book of Tendons

She almost sexed her hair aflame
Mixed blood of North & noon


Here is


The Book of Her Tendons
Built by a Hammer of Light





No comments: