Friday, August 10, 2012

Aimless Reading: The S's, Part 46 (Benedict de Spinoza)

On The Improvement of the Understanding, et al.
Spinoza, Benedict de
On The Improvement of the Understanding
The Ethics
Correspondence

Purchased at Talking Leaves Books.

One of my all-time favorite books of philosophy is Deleuze's book on Spinoza, Expressionism in Philosophy. (Two of my other favorites are his books on Nietzsche and Bergson). After reading D's book, I got the itch to read Spinoza himself, so I went out and bought this one. I have never gotten through it.

Ah, to return someday to the planes of immanence. Wait, I am already here!

I have been meaning to return to the film by Bela Tarr that I mentioned the other day, but I am afraid I have run out of time this morning.

If you go back a couple of days, you can see what I am talking about. The literary outlaw Richard Deming responds in the comment box.

I keep thinking about it.

There's something there.

What is it?

You should really see it and tell me what you think. All of you.

No comments: