Sunday, August 19, 2012

Aimless Reading: The S's, Part 51.2 (Gertrude Stein)

History fo Messages from History
Stein, Gertrude
History or Messages from History

Purchased at Borders Books, most likely the one in Cheektowaga, NY, for $5.95. I bought this thinking is might be useful for one of my orals lists in graduate school, but I don't think I used it.

I don't think I have anything to say about Gertrude this morning.

We've been playing with Emily all morning, trying to convince her to take her first steps. She can walk holding on with two hands. This morning I got her to take five or six steps holding only one hand. She can stand on her own, but when I tell her to take a step she either reaches out to grab hold of my hand or my knees or sits down and tries to crawl. She's almost there.

Otherwise nothing. Well, we are house hunting again. This seems like a perpetual condition of our lives. Maybe it always will be.

from History of Messages from HIstory

9

What is history. Leaves leave and summer. Lettuce leaves and spring and summer. Leaf when an officer marries a daughter and they will have a home together. A leaf of embroidery. She makes leaves and a leaf very perfectly making it with a better than hopefully. Hope was in praise of hoping. This is the history of a name.

No comments: