Friday, December 7, 2012

Aimless Reading: The W's, Part 26 (William Carlos Williams)

William Carlos Williams Newsletter, Volume I, Number I, Fall 1975
William Carlos Williams Newsletter
Volume 1, Number, Fall 1975

Given to me by Cass Clarke, my former colleague at Just Buffalo Literary Center and the widow of poet Jack Clarke. A few years back Cass was preparing to sell Jack's archive, which she eventually did,  to SUNY Buffalo. Before she made the sale, however, she gifted me two items, this first issue of the WCW Newsletter and a precious copy of Charles Olson's chapbook for the poem, "West." This first issue contains work by Norman Holmes Pearson, Robert Creeley, Paul Mariani and Marjorie Perloff. A pretty impressive first issue.

Off to work -- no excerpt this morning!

No comments: