Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Present: 01.31.13

photo.JPG
The Present: 01.31.13

We had a windstorm last night. Two healthy limbs snapped off one of those pine trees I was talking about yesterday. Both fell away from the house, fortunately. I took a photo, which I was going to post until I noticed out of the corner of my eye a rather striking gray and white long-haired cat perched on a large limb that had fallen in a previous storm.

It just stared at me. I decided to take a photo. The iPhone zoom function is pretty weak, so I never use it. You could barely see the cat in the first shot I took, so I stepped forward another five or six feet, worried I might scare it off before I took it. That was as close as I could get without climbing over the pile of holly branches from a tree I'd cut down with Lori's father back in November.

The cat was un-frightened and unmoved by my presence, a little furry god of the suburban woods. I took the shot and the cat just stared. I stared back. It kept staring. I blinked and walked away.

1 comment:

Lori D said...

He looks like a Norwegian Forest cat. I'd say your description of him is apt!